Tree Pollarding in London
Pollarding is a pruning method that involves the removal of the upper branches of a tree to maintain it at a specific height. It is often used as a last resort to save damaged trees. This tree management method also helps reduce the water intake of trees. Tree pollarding is often adopted in London and other major cities of the world as an ornamental strategy.
Tree pollarding requires great expertise as regrowth has to be removed on a regular basis. The frequency of re-pollarding depends on the age, species and condition of the tree.
Why is Tree Pollarding Beneficial?
In addition to keeping trees in check, pollarding also helps to
- Increase sun exposure, eliminating dampness.
- Reduce top weight of a tree, which is good for trees in areas with strong winds.
- Makes trees neat and tidy, enhancing the beauty of the environment.
- Pollarded trees also outlive un-pollarded ones as they are kept in a young state.
Why Choose Treehab for Pollarding in London?
- Free Tree Assessment: We assess your tree, species and the location to identify the the best process for your tree care needs.
- Insured Arborist: Our tree surgeons are fully insured, with public liability insurance at £5million.
- Experience and Expertise: We have over 10 years of experience managing trees in London.
- Affordable Prices: Our pollarding services are very competitive.